Drive excellence in emergency medical services. Play an important role with a world-class academic center. Take your professional expertise to the next level. You can do all this and more at UCLA Health. As a key member of the EMS Program Faculty -Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) team within the UCLA Center for Prehospital Care at the David Geffen School of Medicine, you will support all aspects of this vital program. This will include coordinating, developing, and presenting lectures in the paramedic primary, hybrid, preparatory, refresher, and continuing education programs
We’re seeking a self-motivated, creative, and collaborative individual with:
* Formal training in education theory
* Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field – Master’s preferred
*Current licensure as a EMT, Paramedic, Physician Assistant, Registered Nurse or higher in State of California (or ability to obtain licensure).
*Minimum of two (2) years EMS work experience on an ambulance, fire department or in a hospital emergency department.
*Minimum of two years teaching experience in emergency medical services or equivalent health care setting
* Knowledge of EMS education accreditation requirements
* Expertise in the use of simulation to meet learning objectives
* In-depth knowledge of prehospital care procedures/techniques
* Valid unrestricted Driver’s license
* Ability to navigate between off-campus locations
* Flexibility to work days, evenings and/or weekends
* Excellent hand-eye and motor coordination